You were a gift when I was new to being a teen believer in God’s redemption through His Son Jesus. I don’t think I have ever grasped the powerful present God gave me by your indwelling presence syncing my spirit to you.
|A sign at the library reminds me…|
The number of times I have focused on two of the Trinity are plenty. You, however, I have often cast aside as if you were some hovering presence in the room rather than the one who dwells within me and who is trying to communicate with my spirit to
- share the Gospel with that waitress
- forgive the one who spoke an unkind remark
- stop calling bad drivers ugly names while on the road
- let go of prejudices
- confront evil in my small community
- hush my mouth when fruitless speech was on the verge
- not let my hands grasp that food that was not good for me, but my emotions overruled
- seek forgiveness after I coveted the pretty new outfit on the skinny girl
- rejoice over the two babies I had and not be jealous of the friend who had more so easily
- stop my mouth’s negativity
- not be such a Pharisee with my head knowledge minus the heart.
Welcome Holy Spirit.
Today I start fresh.
Feel free to park on the grass of my life…the parts I try to prevent you from having influence on me.
Make a difference here to the glory of God.
I’m keeping my Five-Minute Friday posts during the 31 Days of Simple Goodness Series. The spontaneity of writing quickly is part of living a life of simple goodness for me. Ironically, today’s word coincides with the posts I’ve already written. Today, my focus was on the simple goodness of letting my body, soul, and spirit be a place where the Spirit of God is welcome. I’m writing with others on today’s word at