I am finally able to sit down and do a post today. It is an honor and delight to write about my most favorite person in the whole world, my husband Rob!
Today is his birthday. For the next ten months, he will be older (in number) than I am. I like being married to an “older man”. But, today’s not about me (like all the other days are?). I think lately he would say that he feels like an “old man”.
I was trying to figure out a way to cheer him up on this most auspicious occasion. Since we celebrated with extended family last Friday, today may seem like just another day to him. David and I will bless him with gifts in a bit and we’ll go to dinner. It would be nice for the Ward foursome to be able to dine together but that’s not possible since Robert’s away at UGA.
I know my man is not perfect (he would tell you the same about me, too) but in so many ways he is such a blessing and I want to take a minute to share a few of those blessings with you. Thanks for indulging me as I share a few memories regarding his character with you.
1. He’s a much better nurse to me than I am to him.
2. He has a great sense of humor (dry and sarcastic at times) that keeps us all laughing.
3. He got up with the boys in the middle of the night when they were tiny on up as much if not moreso than I did even though he had to get up early for work the next day.
4. He knows how to plan great trips that guarantee great memories.
5. He is a great student of me, Robert, and David and we especially realize it when our birthdays roll around and the gifts come out all beautifully wrapped chosen with the recipient in mind.
6. He loves Jesus.
7. He examples unconditional love for me and the boys ALL the TIME!
8. He is not easily angered.
9. He hopes in God often to move in mighty ways rather than ruminating in the problem!
10. He is very patient.
As I’m sitting here typing, I am thinking so much of the goodness of God in providing me with a godly husband. I am overwhelmed with thankfulness to my husband’s faithfulness to our faithful God and his faithfulness to each of us.
God knew what He was doing when He created Rob Ward and I am delighted to wish this man, my high school sweetheart and my husband, the happiest birthday!
I do not apologize for the high sugar content of the message. I mean every word. Thanks for indulging me!
I love you Rob!