I learned some things while on this trip. Some I already knew but had forgotten.
- The last minute purchase of a neck pillow at the corner CVS can be a lifesaver.
- There is a new Dunkin’ Donuts in Dothan, AL. Yea!
- You can still get a sunburn while positioned under the beach umbrella’s shade. My legs can testify.
- To prolong a quick trip to the beach when checkout is way too early, good therapy includes shopping at all the malls and outlets you pass before seeing a movie in a cold theater. Exhilerating!
- Pixar movies make me cry. The guys and I went to see UP before cramming into the car for the night ride home late Sunday afternoon. Toy Story 1 and 2 did it when they were released. Now, UP. Toy Story 3 is coming out next summer and I can NOT wait. I laugh my head off at those things, and I release some tears, too.
- Sand has a way of coming home from the beach with you, even in magazines you took down in the car to read. I opened up one of the magazines on the college tour trip and found a sandy surprise in my lap.
- Toting your own beach chair along in high humidity combined with high heat and greasy hair make for one miserable and grumpy mama. Ask the men! Poor guys.
- I am glad I am not applying for college nowadays. The choices are too vast, too amazing, too expensive, and the process is overwhelming.
- Based on the last, even cool, together 17-year-old young men can have meltdowns.
- Charming hotels in old warehouses in historic downtowns smell like musty moth balls.
- There is no shortage of bugs to splat on your window while riding the roads of Florida, Alabama, and Georgia.
- There is no place like H O M E!
That last statement deserves an “Amen!” I am not kidding.
Until tomorrow, I have clothes to clean, meals to plan, and a house that needs some serious attention paid to it regarding dusting, vacuuming, and bathroom swishing. Indeed, there is no place like home. : )