To all you readers:
Have you ever had a time in your life where you are just overwhelmed with questions? Questions like:
- How much longer?
- What next?
- What am I supposed to do? When?
- Where are You leading me?
- What is going on?
- For real?
You are not alone.
For much of the past year and a half, I think I have been walking around with a huge neon question mark over my head. Fortunately, my hair has been short enough (and sometimes nonexistent) to not get in the way of the sign that said, “This girl’s confused.”
Well, I think that maybe I’m beginning to get some answers to some of the questions.
Much like the Brady Bunch episode where Peter sang the solo of the children’s song, “Time to Change,” I have come to realize that it’s time for me to do some change with this blog. Other words in that song are about rearranging, and that’s my intent as well.
It’s time to change and it’s time to rearrange. Here are some of the reasons why:
- time apart from consistent blogging has made me miss writing even when I had nothing to write/say
- I like living in an organized way and blogger is now making it possible for me to put up pages as category-type tabs (YEA!)
- one of the reasons for beginning this blog was to encourage women to live out the Word in their daily lives and I hoped to be a type of Titus 2 encourager to readers (see Titus 2:3-5). I still feel called in that direction to all Christian women whether they are married or single
- I am in the midst a refining season in my life as the nest empties and new adventures cross our family path; I believe God is allowing all of this to be useful for my own personal growth and that it all could be useful in encouraging others who may be experiencing similar situations
- Finally, my sister suggested I consider doing something like this. She’s older than I am and I was raised to respect her advice. (Smile).
So, stay tuned. You’ll begin to see tabs pop up with specific categories that you can click on based on what your subject preference is.
Just out of curiosity, what type of categories would you be interested in? Did you notice that question mark?