I should know better by now. If I say I am going to post entries Monday through Friday, and you show up to the last post you read, it can be frustrating. I know this because I have a couple of blogs I like to follow and when they don’t post something new, I get a bit sad.
Here are my reasons for lack of posting:
- I have had nothing worthwhile to say (I did post one earlier this week but awoke in the middle of the night thinking it was a dud and so I deleted it before it appeared the next day).
- I have now come down with a sinus something or other that causes my throat to ache first thing in the morning and makes me cough, hack, and crave sympathy.
- I have been busy writing the lessons for the Wednesday night study and wanted to get the last three done by Wednesday to have printed. So, my time was spent in front of the computer, but just not on the blog. Part of my reason for doing that was so that I can begin to really focus on our time together on Immanuel.
- Lastly, we decided to have our bathroom countertop replaced this week. We should have been without the use of the sinks for half a day. We are now on day four with no faucets attached to the sinks so I am brushing my teeth in the tub…which, by the way, is having new faucets installed to match the sinks’ (when they get installed). Even that faucet and its knobs are questionable as to how they will adapt to the fittings left behind from the “lovely” pitted gold ones. I think the dust from the installation has settled into my nostrils and has left a lingering issue requiring a tissue. Prayers for healing are requested of you by this one to Jehovah-Rapha (God’s name for “healer”). Because of all this, I have not had the time I normally have to write.
- Not that this affects my lack of writing, but I am sporting a new hairdo (short!) and am having to get to know the reflection from the mirror behind this computer screen. I keep thinking someone has taken over. I think I should have gone with the “Martha Stewart” or the “Beth Moore” hair do; you know, still some length, plenty of poof, a bit sassy. After I had cornered a few gals from Bible study yesterday morning and gotten their feedback they were split between the “Martha/Beth” and the “short nobody”. My hairdresser decided the latter would be fun and fine on my face…I should have really thought about the nickname I gave it. I will have to learn to style my new coiff without the comfort of a fully functioning bathroom. A new hair do in itself is stressful enough. Add to that, or perhaps, subtract from that the lack of faucets, I see this has the making of the perfect storm in my ability to get ready and walk about with confidence today. You should probably pray for that, too!
Well, this time next week you will have seen a welcome video to be posted here (if I can stand looking at the “short nobody” hair) about the upcoming Advent blog Bible study! Also, I will post some ideas for incorporating the blog and the book into a small-group setting because some of you have asked about that.
In the meantime, if you are just jumping in and haven’t commented about who you are and where you are from, please leave a comment (instructions are to the left) so we’ll know just who is doing this thing together. I know some of you are shy about leaving a comment, but give it a try. It’s a form of encouragement, you know! There is a delay from when you comment to when the comments show up, so don’t feel like you have wasted your time if you don’t see your comment right away.